As a dedicated student of Alternative Health and Wellness principles for more than 15 years, I have discovered that many of the accepted “facts” about what causes sickness, chronic pain and most diseases are incredibly misleading or totally false.
Of the many hundreds of books and articles I have read and reviewed on the subject of Health — or more specifically, why we get sick and how to get well naturally — two books were the easiest to understand and offered the most valuable info and advice:
- “The China Study” by Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D.
- “Why Didn’t Someone Tell Me Sooner?” by Dr. James J. Barile, D.C., N.D., Ph.D.
These two books clearly explain — the first through science with decades of research, the second from 48 years of clinical experience — how and why people get sick, suffer with chronic pain and disease, and die prematurely. Doctor Campbell’s book presents strong evidence about the relationship of diet and the risk of developing certain diseases. The wisdom contained in Dr. Barile’s book explains energy and wellness to the masses, explaining how to reverse almost ALL poor health conditions with the application of a few proven wellness principles.
If you think or have been told that you or someone else you care for is a hopeless case, the knowledge contained in these two books could potentially save your lives!
One of the most important choices you will ever make is to GET A SECOND OPINION from an Alternative Health Care Provider before you ever consider having surgery or taking prescription drugs for anything. Most drugs either inhibit or stimulate functions in your body. But if your body has a problem and you take an over-the-counter or pharmaceutical drug to FEEL better, guess what? The problem is not better, you just put a chemical band-aid on it! Do that long enough and something will certainly break down.
The vast majority of prescription and over-the-counter drugs only make us FEEL better by covering up and masking (or “cloaking” for you Star Trek fans) our SYMPTOMS, instead of addressing the underlying CAUSE of the problem.
Taking pills, powders or potions for pain or to counteract visible symptoms, won’t address the CAUSE of your health condition. Drugs create a distorted illusion of health, they don’t make you better, your self-healing body is the only real miracle-worker.
The people entrusted with your health care should always have YOUR best interest at heart… REMEMBER THAT! Drugs and surgery should be avoided at all costs! Once the energy flowing through you is balanced and flowing freely, except in severe cases, your body will naturally heal and repair all by itself… NO DRUGS OR SURGERY REQUIRED!
Everyone’s BODY has the ability to heal properly, but only if:
- there is a steady flow of vital life-force (energy) from your brain to every cell in your body.
- you create a balanced internal chemistry from the foods you eat, water you drink and air you breathe (pH balance/acidity level).
- you constantly remind yourself to be positive… Let go of that guilt, anger, disappointment, worry and above all, NO FEAR!!! Focus on things that make you laugh and feel good. The goal of course, BE HAPPY AND GRATEFUL AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
If you are regularly taking pain relievers and digestive aids… STOP NOW! These chemicals only provide temporary relief, and at what cost? If you need prescription or over-the-counter drugs to make it through your day, chances are you are IGNORING THE REAL CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEM.
This may sound strange to many of you, but most Traditional Family Medical Doctors give poor advice or none at all when asked about preventive health care or nutrition help. It’s a rare breed of doctor who treats and teaches patients how to live a healthy lifestyle, naturally, without DRUGS of any kind.
Hospitals, Medical Doctors (orthodox/traditional medicine) and over-worked Nurses and support staff are very important when it comes to handling emergencies, first aid and crisis care. But when it comes to matters concerning your overall long-term health, seek out a doctor with experience in Prevention and Wellness Principles.
For now I will leave you with a few of the concepts that have made a tremendous difference in my life.
- DRINK AT LEAST TWO LITERS OF WATER EVERY DAY (8 – 8oz. glasses, filtered or purified). More than 90% of us are dehydrated, 70% severely, with noticeable symptoms. Get in the habit of drinking two (2) glasses of water when you first wake-up in the morning. Drink one or two more glasses when you start to feel hungry at lunch time, wait 10-15 minutes while your body quickly absorbs it, then begin eating. Do the same thing again before dinner. Make an effort not to drink anything accept a few sips of water with your meals. By drinking that glass or two of water beforehand, you will notice you don’t need to wash down your food anymore. Wait at least 30 minutes after meals to drink liquids again, this will improve the digestive fire and allow you to digest more efficiently.
- If you don’t have one already, buy a juicer (not a blender or emulsifier) — my favorite for value, reliability and cleaning ease is the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer.
JUICE REGULARLY AND CONSUME A DIET THAT INCLUDES:
- 75-80% fresh organic fruits and vegetables
- 10% grains, nuts and seeds
- 5% organic animal protein
- 5% organic dairy
- properly combined foods — This is especially important if you suffer from constipation or painful digestive disorders like I.B.S. (irritable bowel syndrome), Acid Reflux, Gastritis, Ulsers, Diverticulitis, Diverticulosis, Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, and others.
- FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION ON FEELING GOOD and BEING HAPPY! Negative thoughts and emotional stress are two of the main causes of chronic pain and poor health worldwide. If you catch yourself feeling angry, sad, guilty, jealous, worried or in any other negative way, remind yourself — in that moment — to BE HAPPY! Think of your favorite place, doing your favorite thing. Put a big smile on your face thinking about precious times with your family. Remember your favorite funny movie. The goal is to intentionally have a positive state of mind.
- Visit an Alternative Health Care Provider who has experience balancing the body and it’s energy fields.
- Bodywork from a Licensed Massage Therapist incorporating massage, stretching and a variety of relaxation techniques to relieve tired muscle tissues (Hot Stones, Aromatherapy, Reflexology)
- A Doctor of Naturopathy or Chiropractic who uses non-invasive techniques and technologies such as B.E.S.T. (Bio-Energetic Syncronization Technique), K.S.T. (Koren Specific Technique), restaurants accepting bitcoins C.R.A. (Contact Reflex Analysis), Bio-Meridian, Electro-Dermal Screening, Galvanic Skin Response testing to determine specific systems and organs within the body that are not functioning properly.
- These natural health professionals will most likely need to correct your body’s alignment and flow of energy, then provide you with specific whole food nutrients or Designed Clinical Nutrition, specifically tailored to your body’s needs based on any problems or weaknesses discovered during evaluation.
- MOVE your body every day. We have learned a lot from NASA about gravity and how a lack of it causes our muscles, joints, connective tissues and bones to atrophy or weaken over time. NASA scientists discovered that after astronauts spent just 14 days in space the astronauts lost over 15% of their bone and muscle mass. This is real proof that if you don’t use it you’ll loose it. The easiest, most fun and effective exercise ever discovered is Rebounding… and even YOU can do it!
My hope is that you read and share “Why Didn’t Someone Tell Me Sooner?” and “The China Study” with everyone you know. These two books will absolutely change the way you view health, and could very well have you and those you love happily on the road to wellness in no time.